Jake Paul calls out Jorge Masvidal and Nate Diaz after knocking out Tyron Woodley

By Sports Desk December 19, 2021

Jake Paul expressed his desire to get in the ring with either Jorge Masvidal or Nate Diaz after an emphatic knockout victory against Tyron Woodley on Saturday.

The Youtuber-turned-boxer had been due to fight Tommy Fury - brother of heavyweight champion Tyson Fury - but the former Love Island star pulled out citing a chest infection and broken ribs, with Woodley stepping in at short notice for a rematch after Paul had won via split-decision in their first contest earlier this year.

After a bloodied Paul floored former UFC champion Woodley with an overhand right in the sixth round in Florida, he criticised Fury before exclaiming that he wants to take on more UFC figures in the boxing ring next, naming Masvidal and Diaz, who had been in attendance.

"This is as real as it gets, just like my right hand. I told you, I was going to f*** him up and I f***** him up," Paul said following the bout.

"[Woodley] is a legend and I respect him for taking the fight on two weeks' notice. Tommy Fury is a b**** for pulling out of the fight.

"It was a tough fight. I had blood in my eyes. I had the job done. I was setting the punch up the whole fight. He didn't see it coming. Like a lumberjack, timber.

"It's got to be the moment of my life. Look at my year. Four fights, four knockouts. Masvidal and Nate Diaz - you are b***** for leaving this arena. I will f*** you up too. Anyone, any time, any place."

Masvidal has a record of 35-15 and is currently ranked sixth in the welterweight division, while Diaz has a record of 21-13.

Diaz recently addressed rumours of a rubber fight with Conor McGregor after the pair fought twice in the UFC in 2016, with a victory each, and the 36-year-old seemed more focused on getting back in the octagon than entering a boxing ring, asking the UFC to be included on the card for UFC 270 in January.

McGregor suffered fractures to his tibia and fibula that resulted in a first-round stoppage loss to Dustin Poirier in September.

"I'm not fighting Conor until his leg grows back and he beats some people so we know he can even fight still till then," Diaz posted on Twitter.

"Can I get on January card @UFC. Thanks."

Related items

  • Canelo set for September trilogy fight with Golovkin before Bivol rematch Canelo set for September trilogy fight with Golovkin before Bivol rematch

    Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is set to announce a September trilogy fight against Gennadiy Golovkin, meaning his rematch with Dmitry Bivol must wait.

    Alvarez suffered only the second defeat of his professional career against Bivol this month after stepping up to light heavyweight.

    The Mexican has a rematch option, which he intends to activate, but first will face Golovkin for a third time at super middleweight, he told ESPN.

    "We already had that contract [with Golovkin], that agreement, so we have to continue what we started," he said.

    "I think those are the two biggest fights in boxing, the fight with Golovkin and the rematch with Bivol.

    "Unfortunately, we lost [to Bivol], but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try again. The important thing here is perseverance and we're going to do it again.

    "What is certain is that we are going to return in September. And in the coming days, we are going to announce the fight."

    A controversial split draw between Alvarez and Golovkin in September 2017 was followed by a Canelo win a year later. That remains the sole defeat of Golovkin's career.

  • Man City defender Mendy pleads not guilty to nine sexual offences Man City defender Mendy pleads not guilty to nine sexual offences

    Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy has pleaded not guilty to nine charges of sexual offences.

    The France international appeared at a hearing in Chester Crown Court on Monday to enter pleas for the first time.

    Mendy denies seven counts of rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of attempted rape.

    The 27-year-old was charged following allegations made by six women, with the alleged offences said to have taken place between October 2018 and August 2021.

    Defender Mendy is due to face trial on July 25.

    The full-back was remanded in custody last August, but was released on bail in January.

    He was suspended by Premier League champions City after initially being charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault nine months ago.

    Co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie also appeared Chester Crown Court on Monday, pleading not guilty to eight counts of rape and four counts of sexual assault.

  • 'We've got guys who can match that' - Gallant hints at Rangers response after Domi cheap-shot 'We've got guys who can match that' - Gallant hints at Rangers response after Domi cheap-shot

    New York Rangers coach Gerard Gallant assured his side can match the Carolina Hurricanes for physicality following a post-game scuffle, as the Rangers took a game back in their playoff series on Sunday.

    As the buzzer sounded to end Game 3, a 3-1 win for the Rangers, Hurricanes forward Max Domi gave Rangers defenceman Ryan Lindgren a sudden cross-check.

    The benches cleared and following the scuffle between the two teams on the ice, Gallant was also seen yelling at Hurricanes defenceman Tony DeAngelo, whose contract was bought out by the Rangers after a string of behavioural indiscretions.

    While Hurricanes coach Rod Brind'Amour declined to comment on the issue post-match - citing that he did not see the shot from Domi - a visibly upset Gallant was more forthright, stating the Rangers are well-equipped to provide receipts.

    “I wasn’t happy with the bulls..t at the end of the game that they initiated,” Gallant said. “We didn’t do that when the games were close. They put their guys out, that’s fine. They want to play like that, we've got guys who can match that.”

    After two losses on the road, the Rangers bounced back with an important win as the series returned to New York.

    Mika Zibanejad had a goal and an assist while Igor Shesterkin stopped 43 shots, for New York's second win in their past 10 against the Canes.

    Message-sending is the norm in playoff series but after the post-game scuffle, Gallant made it clear his side will not be pushed around.

    “I don’t like it at the end of the game,” he said. “The game’s over. We still got four games with these guys. We got the guy who can handle all their guys if we want to.

    "We didn’t do it like that, but Domi took a cheap shot at our defenceman. You've got a long memory. You think about things, like I said, [the shoe] might be on the other foot someday.”

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.