Fury, Canelo... Dana White? Jake Paul reveals five-man boxing bucket list

By Sports Desk December 23, 2021

Jake Paul, the YouTuber-turned-boxer, has published a five-strong list of opponents he wishes to take on in the ring.

Paul knocked out Tyron Woodley on Saturday, with the latter having stepped in at short notice for a rematch following Tommy Fury's withdrawal.

After the win, Paul expressed his desire to get in the ring with either Jorge Masvidal or Nate Diaz, both UFC stars.

However, the 24-year-old has now turned his attention to five other candidates, including Fury's brother, heavyweight champion Tyson.

Also on the list is one of boxing's greats, Floyd Mayweather Jr, who has not fought since 2017, though the 44-year-old has previously been touted as a possible exhibition opponent for Paul's older brother Logan.

Canelo, the first boxer in history to become an undisputed champion at super middleweight, was also named on Paul's hit list, as was the legendary Mike Tyson.

UFC boss Dana White, meanwhile, was another inclusion. 

There is some animosity between the pair, however, with Paul previously criticising White's treatment of UFC's fighters.

"I make more than every UFC fighter f****** combined, including Conor [McGregor]. Y'all work for f****** Dana, y'all work for WME, Endeavor, that's who you work for," he said on his brother Logan's podcast.

"I make more than all of you silly m*****f******. Why would I go into the UFC? Sign a contract and give away rights. I own my content, I own my platform, I own everything. They don't own s***, they are literally employees."

Paul also said he would knock White out, to which the UFC boss, in an interview with MMA Junkie, replied: 'It actually makes sense. I'm 52 years old. I'm in the age bracket of guys he fights, so yeah, I could see him wanting to fight me. All he fights are 50-year-olds."

Related items

  • Canelo set for September trilogy fight with Golovkin before Bivol rematch Canelo set for September trilogy fight with Golovkin before Bivol rematch

    Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is set to announce a September trilogy fight against Gennadiy Golovkin, meaning his rematch with Dmitry Bivol must wait.

    Alvarez suffered only the second defeat of his professional career against Bivol this month after stepping up to light heavyweight.

    The Mexican has a rematch option, which he intends to activate, but first will face Golovkin for a third time at super middleweight, he told ESPN.

    "We already had that contract [with Golovkin], that agreement, so we have to continue what we started," he said.

    "I think those are the two biggest fights in boxing, the fight with Golovkin and the rematch with Bivol.

    "Unfortunately, we lost [to Bivol], but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try again. The important thing here is perseverance and we're going to do it again.

    "What is certain is that we are going to return in September. And in the coming days, we are going to announce the fight."

    A controversial split draw between Alvarez and Golovkin in September 2017 was followed by a Canelo win a year later. That remains the sole defeat of Golovkin's career.

  • Man City defender Mendy pleads not guilty to nine sexual offences Man City defender Mendy pleads not guilty to nine sexual offences

    Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy has pleaded not guilty to nine charges of sexual offences.

    The France international appeared at a hearing in Chester Crown Court on Monday to enter pleas for the first time.

    Mendy denies seven counts of rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of attempted rape.

    The 27-year-old was charged following allegations made by six women, with the alleged offences said to have taken place between October 2018 and August 2021.

    Defender Mendy is due to face trial on July 25.

    The full-back was remanded in custody last August, but was released on bail in January.

    He was suspended by Premier League champions City after initially being charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault nine months ago.

    Co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie also appeared Chester Crown Court on Monday, pleading not guilty to eight counts of rape and four counts of sexual assault.

  • 'We've got guys who can match that' - Gallant hints at Rangers response after Domi cheap-shot 'We've got guys who can match that' - Gallant hints at Rangers response after Domi cheap-shot

    New York Rangers coach Gerard Gallant assured his side can match the Carolina Hurricanes for physicality following a post-game scuffle, as the Rangers took a game back in their playoff series on Sunday.

    As the buzzer sounded to end Game 3, a 3-1 win for the Rangers, Hurricanes forward Max Domi gave Rangers defenceman Ryan Lindgren a sudden cross-check.

    The benches cleared and following the scuffle between the two teams on the ice, Gallant was also seen yelling at Hurricanes defenceman Tony DeAngelo, whose contract was bought out by the Rangers after a string of behavioural indiscretions.

    While Hurricanes coach Rod Brind'Amour declined to comment on the issue post-match - citing that he did not see the shot from Domi - a visibly upset Gallant was more forthright, stating the Rangers are well-equipped to provide receipts.

    “I wasn’t happy with the bulls..t at the end of the game that they initiated,” Gallant said. “We didn’t do that when the games were close. They put their guys out, that’s fine. They want to play like that, we've got guys who can match that.”

    After two losses on the road, the Rangers bounced back with an important win as the series returned to New York.

    Mika Zibanejad had a goal and an assist while Igor Shesterkin stopped 43 shots, for New York's second win in their past 10 against the Canes.

    Message-sending is the norm in playoff series but after the post-game scuffle, Gallant made it clear his side will not be pushed around.

    “I don’t like it at the end of the game,” he said. “The game’s over. We still got four games with these guys. We got the guy who can handle all their guys if we want to.

    "We didn’t do it like that, but Domi took a cheap shot at our defenceman. You've got a long memory. You think about things, like I said, [the shoe] might be on the other foot someday.”

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.